Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 3, 2012

What's keeping you from making the right choice?







Question:
How do you write a blog posting when it’s rainy, cold, and the passion just isn’t there? 
Answer:
I guess you do it anyway.
Question:
What do successful people do when they feel like quitting?
Answer:
They do it anyway. 

I wish there was a different answer.   Unfortunately, passion is not enough. It’s about choosing to do it anyway when you feel empty, exhausted, and unmotivated. 

Every morning, rain or shine, sleet or hail, snow or wind, there is this woman I see every single day when I drop my daughters off in the morning.  One day, I pulled up alongside her and rolled down my window and said to her, “I just had to tell you how wonderful and inspiring it is to see you out here every morning. “

This woman smiled at me and explained that the rewards from running outweighed any excuses.  She also mentioned she had recently gone back to school.  In her late 40s, maybe early 50s, I asked what it was she was studying. To my surprise, she said she was finishing her PhD in psychiatry. 

So not only did this woman get up every morning when I was still hitting the snooze button for the 5th time, she was wrapping up her doctorate!  

And here, dear readers are the thoughts that started hatching following this conversation:
“Well of course she went back to school. She probably doesn’t work full time. Her kids are grown up. Her husband is rich. If I had the same sort opportunities or if…or that…then I would be getting my doctorate too.” 

See where I’m going with this? 

I have no idea what her circumstances are; I made all that up within a matter of minutes. I created my own story as to why I could NOT achieve the same things. 

Nobody went to class for her. No one went out and jogged for her. She CHOSE to do these things even when she didn’t feel like it.  

That’s what a business coach does; they consistently hold you accountable for your choices. They don’t let you play the “blame game.”   

You want to change your business or your life?  Change your choices. 

What’s keeping you from making that choice to commit to be better? What is keeping you from asking for help with your business? 

Please post your answers (privately is fine too) on Coach Jim Munro's facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LIKE MY ART PAGE!

LIKE MY ART PAGE!
Visit Joy Fine Art on Facebook!