Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Communication Series...Introduction


True communication is the response you get.
And how many bloody noses have you walked away with?


The word finesse isn’t really in my vocabulary. I could never be a guru, or a cult leader. No one is going to sign over their worldly possessions to me because of my trance-inducing rhetoric. While we’re at it, timing isn’t really my forte either.  

My communication style typically consists of shouting the word “duck” while throwing something to express my dissatisfaction with the situation. Although this may be effective in most New York Sicilian Households, out here in the Inland Northwest (okay, AND in most professional environments) this tactic is less than effective. 

Because the point of this blog is simply to pass on useful information that most every reader can utilize, I thought what better topic to start a series on than communication. 

Everyone communicates. Business owners, employees, customers, family, heck, even the animal kingdom communicates. We communicate by body languages, eye movement, and so on. It is a fundamental capability to survive in this world.  And guess what I have tons of information about? 

Yep. Communication. I have articles, I have assessments, I have graphs, I have a plethora piled high of information we share with our clients and in our workshops. Therefore, this blog post is the first communication in a series of blog posts about communication. 

Have I communicated myself clearly? (Sorry, couldn’t help myself!)



2 comments:

  1. How do you communicate with someone that only puts thru ideas that he comes up with (but he heard it from someone else first), I talk but I feel like no one listens, I'm not stupid either!! It seems like it's all about the $$$ period!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anonymous,

    In my next post, I will briefly cover the four communication styles profiled in a DISC assessment. I bet you will be able to point out which quadrant this person fits into and you may find some useful ways to play to their preferences so to speak.

    Remember, the goal of communication is to foster the positive results you desire. Unfortunately, I think it requires not saying everything you are thinking. This is hard for me. I have yet to learn to swallow my pride in order to position myself in a way that will get the other person to acquiesce. But I hope by sharing what I am just beginning to learn about I am helping others learn to better navigate through these windy roads of life and career. After all, we mostly all want the same things. To be happy. And maybe rich. And maybe....no wait. Let's just go with those two for right now.

    In abundance...
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

LIKE MY ART PAGE!

LIKE MY ART PAGE!
Visit Joy Fine Art on Facebook!